On this week’s podcast episode, I’m excited to have coach Gwen Dittmar joining me to talk about her journey, and how she’s become a breathworker, spiritual coach, energetical healer, and Reiki master.
Gwen grew up as a seeker, aware of her spiritual gifts, but unsure of what to do with them. As a teenager she faced Meniere’s disease, and had a near death experience, both of which profoundly shaped who she is, and how she sees the role of healing in the world. She found herself drawn to helping others heal, and after college she found a match to that passion in pharmaceutical, biotech, and device research from 1999 to 2009.
Having experienced so much hardship early in life has given Gwen a unique point of view about the role that choice plays in our human experience: that you are in choice about how you respond to any given event in your life, no matter how painful or uncomfortable it may be in the moment. She shared with me the point where she realized the power of choice to be sober, and how it has been her choice to “die or live a completely different way” that has allowed her to be reshaped and reborn, again and again.
“It was a matter of me being in enough pain and drinking, and then coming to my knees and realizing, ”You know, it’s like I either have to die or live a completely different way.” And, I feel like that’s probably part of the process to being a spiritual being, having a human experience is that we have to be willing to die over, and over, and over again in order to rebirth into this new being that we can be.”- Gwen Dittmar
In reflecting on this discussion, I know that so many of our clients and coaches have gone through a version of this realization in their lives. It’s often in these hard moments, and in the moments where you make the choice to let go of what is not working, and what’s causing you pain, that you evolve. I especially love that she shares what I hear from so many of our high achieving coaches and clients: that the climb and the perfectionism “worked until it didn’t.”
In this episode, Gwen and I talk about:
- How Gwen saw Visions as a child, and how that formed her experience
- Meniere’s disease, and how she understands that it had both physiological and spiritual roots in her life
- Her discovery of her gifts of clairvoyance and clairsentience
- Her choice to become sober
- How and why it’s important to let go of some friendships that aren’t serving you
- The role of perfectionism and how it impacts ourselves, and the people around us
- How and why Gwen became a coach
- How Gwen’s own decision to explore her spirituality, and getting sober informed her path
- Growing up with empathetic parents
- What to do when you’ve grown past a set of interests, and it’s time to let to of things, as a natural part of your process
- How our lives reflect the work that our soul signed up to do in this life
- The benefits of working with a coach to get to your authentic truths
To experience coaching for yourself, and get matched with a Collective Gain coach, take our matching survey.