Laura Greenberg is a coach with a Master’s degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica. She’s also a certified massage therapist, a Reiki 1 and 2 practitioner and she works with clients in business and personal development. I’m really thrilled to have her on the podcast this week as a guest.
Having been in and out of the hospital for several months in 2006, she found herself diving into alternative healing modalities, spirituality, and anything she could get her hands on to get better. Laura became a coach as part of her own journey of healing, and her curiosity of how to connect with people through communication.
I love what she shares in this interview, “I wanted to learn how to communicate with people. I just wanted to learn how to talk to people and how to have empathy and compassion and work through some of my own stuff and that’s what I spent two years doing on a really deep level.“
As a coach, Laura holds space for clients as they look for their own purpose, and explore the things that are holding them back from sharing themselves with the world. As she works with them, her favorite question that she shares with me is “What if none of that is true? What would you do differently?”
In this episode, Laura and I talk about:
- Her path to becoming a coach
- How her curiosity around how to respond to someone telling her that someone had died led her to a deeper personal inquiry
- Her experience with Reiki massage
- How we store emotions in our bodies, and what that energy is like
- How to let go of the shoulds that are often running the show, and setting us up for stressful thoughts
- How shifting our thinking from limited to unattached can shift our experience of events, people, and ourselves
- Stress manifesting in our body, and how to address it
- Our zone of genius, and how to get there – looking at Gay Hendricks’ book The Big Leap
- Fear’s power to hold you back from your purpose
- Why it is hard to dive into personal, inner work
- Why it’s important to start from a place of connection, flow, and abundance in life and in work
To experience coaching for yourself, and get matched with a Collective Gain coach, take our matching survey.